As the Geeks might know, Kali Linux is one of the best penetration testing OS, built by the creators of the well known Linux based OS BackTrack. People these days prefer USB installations rather than the old “CD-ROM” installations, because of its convenience and least resources consumption (everybody owns a USB Stick these days). If you want to try Kali Linux out and are lacking an empty CD or DVD, you probably have to follow this method to get Kali Linux boot from your USB Stick.
Make bootable Kali linux USB – Windows
- To begin with, you will first need the Kali Linux ISO file, get the appropriate one from HERE.
- After you have successfully downloaded the ISO file (64 bit or 32 bit, depending on your system), save it on your Desktop.
- Now download and install Win32 Disk Imager, from HERE.
- After installing it you will have to plug in your USB Stick to computer and start Win32 Disk Imager software.
- Choose the Kali Linux ISO file under the “Image File” option and your USB Drive under the “Device” heading.
- After choosing the correct options click on “Write” and wait till the imaging is complete.
- Once the process completes, eject your USB Stick from the System.
- Use the USB Stick to boot into Kali Linux at bootup by choosing the “Boot Device” in the bios menu, for most of you, this should come up by pressing F12 key during bootup.
After getting success in booting from USB, you can have LIVE Kali Linux Session (without installing Kali on your drive) or Install it on your Hard Disk as a legitimate OS.
If in any case you stuck up somewhere or find any difficulties with our tutorial, do let us know in the comments section below.