Microsoft on September 30 unveiled the next version of Windows, by skipping the much awaited 9 and bouncing directly to 10. Although the final version of Windows 10 is supposed to go live in 2015 but Microsoft decided to target Windows-Geeks by introducing Windows 10 Technical Preview. There are both 64-bit and 32-bit versions available to download in U.S English, U.K English, Chinese and Portuguese for those who are ready to fiddle around with the beta build.
At this time, Windows 10 is in a work in progress mode, so if you are a PC-Expert and would like to experiment with the new build, regardless of the problems you might face before or after the installation, then you might just keep reading, because this post is for you.
As mentioned earlier, Windows 10 Technical Preview is at a very early stage and thus might crash your system or become a reason for losing your important data. Although to overcome this, Microsoft designed a Feedback app integrated with Windows 10 where you can report your issues and make the ecosystem even better. If you are a PC-Geek and take upon the responsibility and outcomes of installing Windows 10 Technical Preview on your secondary system (recommended by Microsoft), then you shall continue reading.
How to Download and Install Windows 10
If you are still eager to taste the early release of Windows 10, then you might head over with the instructions mentioned below.
- You must join the Windows Insider Program, to do this head over to THIS PAGE.
- Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for Windows 10 Technical preview release:
- RAM: 1 GB (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- Free space on hard disk: 16 GB
- Graphics Card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- A Microsoft account and Internet access
- Windows 10 Technical Preview ISO file, download the one which suits you best :
- Download Windows 10 TP English: 32-bit (2.9GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP English: 64-bit (3.8GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP English UK: 32-bit (2.94GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP English UK: 64-bit (3.79GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP Chinese (Simplified): 32-bit (3.05GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP Chinese (Simplified): 64-bit (3.96GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP Portuguese (Brazil): 32-bit (2.91GB)
- Download Windows 10 TP Portuguese (Brazil): 64-bit (3.76GB)
- After downloading one of the ISO’s mentioned above, you can use an app like THIS to burn the ISO to a USB/DVD drive.
- You can then choose either to boot directly from that USB/DVD drive or upgrade from your current Windows 7/8/8.1 System by double clicking on the setup.exe and then following the on-screen instructions.
If, at any point of installation you are prompted for a product key, enter : NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR .
NOTE: Your copy of Windows will expire on 15th-April-2015, by which Windows Consumer Preview shall be out. In case you messed up somewhere, you can head over to the official Microsoft Instructions for installing Windows 10 : HERE .
Got a problem during installation? Let us know in the comments section below.