Most of the users on the internet have reported the malfunctioning of there keybaords on Windows 10. While some of them report that there keyboard works fine on normal apps but fails to work on Windows 10 related apps, the others report that there keyboard fails to work completely. So, is it a recent update that broke down the proper functioning of your keyboard on Windows 10? Or has it been a recent System reboot that brought in this issue? No matter what it is, but if somehow your Windows 10 Keyboard not working on Apps and Search Bar then let’s get down to resolve the problem, because that is what you are here for.
Note: This is for the users whose system is working fine but the Metro Apps and Search Bar isn’t responding on key presses. That means a partial keyboard working condition, if you are among this group then keep reading. Otherwise, try uninstalling Synaptics drivers from your system, in case the keyboard is not working at all.
Let’s begin with the most simple and tested solution. Now as weird as it might sound but most of the users have reported that there system broke down because of the missing language bar, so we are going to bring back that language bar along with the keyboard.
- Press Win + R (Simultaneously) to bring up the Run window, you can also right click the start button and click “Run” to do the same.
- Once the Run window appears, just paste this “C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe” in the Run window, in order to open the ctfmon application, which in most cases will bring back the language bar and along with it , fixes your broken keyboard.
The other method involves ending the Cortana Search process , which in many cases have proved to solve the keyboard issue.
- Open Task Manager either by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del and then clicking on Task Manager or by right clicking the start menu and choosing Task Manager from the options menu.
- Open the Processes Tab and look for Cortana.
- Right click Cortana and choose End task.
Note: For those of you who have Cortana disabled try ending the “Search” Process instead of the “Cortana” process under the Processes Tab.
And that’s it, I hope one of the above given solutions would have worked for you! If not, let us know in the comments section below.